Now that summer is almost over and everyone’s getting back to their normal routines, I thought it would be a good idea to write a post about a few books that will help people as they get back into those routines. The two I’ve chosen to review for this month are “Smart Solutions for Busy Families” and “Slow Cooker: 50 Plus Favorite Recipes and Easy Tips for Slow Cooker”
Smart Solutions for Busy Families
In this book Sherrie le Massurier talks about different ways families can stay organized and make life less stressful for everyone. Some of the topics she covers include:
- Prioritizing your Family Life
- Tips for Maintaining your Priorities
- Easy Meal Preparation tips
- Tips for Eating Out with Kids
- Easy, Healthy Packed Lunches
- Easy Tips for Organizing Kids’ Rooms
- Tips for Taming your Tension
- Tips for Rejuvenating Your Soul
- Tips for Uncluttering Your Home
- Organizing by Repurposing
- How to make Back to School Time Less Stressful
- Ideas for Makeove3rs for Kids’ Bedrooms
- How to Simplify Christmas
- Celebrating a Clutter-Free New Year
- Tips for Keeping New Years’ Resolutions
- Creative Ways to Show People you Love Them
- Ideas for Dates With Your Spouse
- Tips for Conquering Procrastination
- Staying Refreshed at Work
- Tips for Spring Cleaning Your Life
By the way, some of the tips she gives not only apply to families, but can be used at work as well. Some of the tips she shared that I’m thinking of trying to implement are:
- Use eucalyptus to stay alert
- Use a fan to give yourself a burst of cool air.
- Take an inventory of your life – make improvements in whatever areas you feel you need to improve.
- Get up early and enjoy the morning sunrise.
- Cut ties with unhealthy relationships
- Let go of negative thoughts and worries
- Live in the moment.
This book is an excellent read for anyone who’s trying to make their family life (or life in general) less stressful.
Slow Cooker: 50 Plus Favorite Recipes and Tips for Slow Cooker
If you have a busy life, a slow-cooker is a must-have appliance. This eBook provides different slow cooker recipes, such as:
- Overnight Apple Butter
- Smoky Slow-Cooked Chili
- Provencale Chicken Supper
- Pesto Lasagna with Chicken and Mushrooms
- Company Pot Roast
- Chickpea Chili
- Beef Stroganoff
- Red Beans and Rice
- Thyme-Scented White Bean Cassoulet
- Loaded Twice-Baked Potatoes
- Chicken with Carrots and Potatoes
- Sweet Potato Gratin
- Hoppin’ John
These are just some of the recipes in this eBook, there are many others. At the end of the book, the author provides 10 tips for using a slow cooker, including a guide for how long to cook different recipes in a slow cooker.
These are the two books I selected for September – stay tuned for next month’s post, which will be about the book “Trial and Terror”.